We protect your
Why do we process your personal data?
For Heléns to offer you our services, regarding products, digital features, product information and such, we need information about you and the company that you represent. Generally, this information is necessary for a contractual relationship with us, but it is also used to develop Heléns’ products, services and overall offer. The data is collected on the following legal grounds and legitimate interests:
- Fulfill contractual obligations: Collected data is used to fulfill Heléns’ obligations to our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, as well as to provide them with information, products and services.
- Comply with common law or statutory obligations: Data is collected in compliment with applicable legislation, such as anti-money laundering and accounting law.
- Data security: Collected data is used to verify identity, conduct risk analysis, risk management, and to prevent fraud. It is also used to ensure adequate network security and accessibility to website and digital services.
- Marketing and communication: Collected data is used to convey information and marketing to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. It is also used in ambition to ensure relevant communication with those groups, based on individual preferences.
- Analysis and development: Collected data is used for analysis of the market and of user groups and their behavior on Heléns’ digital platforms, in order to manage, improve and develop our offer regarding products, services and technical solutions.
What data do we collect?
Personal data that Heléns may collect about you includes information that you provide directly as well as indirectly, both online and offline. These personal data may contain the following:
- Personal information: Name, date of birth, social security number, email address and phone number, job function.
- Contact information: Company name, address, delivery address, email address and phone number.
- Billing information: Billing information and account numbers.
- Financial information: Credits, debts or negative payment.
- Historical information: Order history, payment- and credit history.
- Product and service information: Details about the products or services that you have purchased or shown interest in.
- Information about user device: IP-address, language settings, browser settings, time zone, operating system and screen resolution.
- Geographical information: Your geographical location.
- Information about digital behavior: Visited pages, downloaded documents, subscriptions and registrations, filled in forms and surveys.
How do we collect personal data?
Heléns’ ways and means of collecting data is based on your interaction with us, such as when you make a request for a product or service that we sell, when you purchase, lease or receive funding, when your order something from our website, sign up for a newsletter, interact with our digital platforms or contact us by mail, letter or phone.
Relationship with customer, supplier or stakeholder
Heléns collect personal data that you have provided in conjunction with a request for Heléns products and services, or through other contact that you have had with Heléns, such as meetings, phone calls, surveys or mail correspondence. The information provided in those contexts may be used for marketing purposes and to individualize both Heléns’ communication and the user experience on our digital platforms.
Activity on Heléns' digital platforms
Heléns collect data based on your user activity on Heléns’ digital platforms. By filling out forms on our digital platforms, you agree that the information you provide will be available for Heléns. The personal data you enter in those forms may be linked to your IP-address and used to enhance your user experience on our site and to provide you with relevant and personalized information.
If you provide your email address to Heléns, you thereby agree that we may send you information about our products and services, through email or other digital channels. You may also be asked to participate in market research conducted by us. Your personal data may be used for analysis, in order to improve our communication with you, tailored to your preferences. The mailings are also adjusted based on your digital behavior in relation to these. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the mail.
- Heléns uses Act-On Software, for our online marketing activities. Act-On is an integrated software solution, that covers various aspects of our online marketing activities. These include, among other things, our e-mail marketing, contact and customer relationship management.
For further information on the service provided by Act-On please refer to:
- Heléns uses Google Analytics – a web analysis service of Google Inc. Data, sessions and interactions is assigned to pseudonymous user-IDs, to evaluate the use of this website, from different devices. Reports of the website activity are compiled for us, in order to adapt the website according to user needs.
Google Analytics uses so called "cookies", that are stored on your computer, which enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie is usually transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there.
The IP anonymization feature has been activated for Google Analytics to protect your personal data, ensuring that no connection to a specific user can be established. IP-addresses within the member states of the European union, or in other states that are members of the European Economic area, will be abbreviated by Google before being sent to a US server.For further information about Google Analytics Terms of Service and Privacy, please visit:
https://policies.google.com/?hl=en. and https://policies.google.com/?hl=en.
Cookies and web beacons
- Sessions cookies allow the user to be recognized within the website, to keep track of the user behavior and adapt the webpages accordingly, during the session. A session cookie is only saved temporarily, and most browsers delete them when the browser is closed.
- Persistant cookies help the website to remember the settings and behavior of a user, in order to optimize the user experience of the website. Persistent cookies are stored on the computer until they expire, or the user deletes them.
- Web beacons are placed on the website for the purpose of mapping out use and behavior of its visitors.
- Third-party cookies have the same function as the aforementioned cookies but are requested from a domain other than the visited website. Heléns only use third-party cookies from trusted partners and suppliers.
You may object to session tracking and the storing of cookies. Read more about this under the section Objection towards the tracking and storing of data.
Information from other sources
Heléns may collect data from publicly available sources and third parties, such as social media, marketing companies and other trusted providers.
With whom may we share your personal data?
In order to fulfill our obligations towards our customers and other stakeholders, we may transfer or share personal data with third parties, such as suppliers or subcontractors, authorized resellers and distributors or service providers. We take reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that the data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection upon transfer to or sharing with such third parties. Heléns will not sell any personal data to third parties.
- Public authorities: Heléns may provide necessary information to authorities, when you agree to do so, or if required by law.
- Van Leeuwen: Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group has access to your personal data, stored by Heléns. The data may only be used on behalf of Heléns, for aforementioned purposes.
- Trusted third parties: Heléns may disclose your personal data with trusted third parties, in the purpose of maintaining a good relationship with customers, suppliers or other stakeholders, to offer products, services or technical solutions, analyze data and provide marketing or other personalized communications.
Heléns is responsible for the user’s personal data and therefore only use trusted partners and suppliers, acting on behalf of Heléns. From these third parties, we require that the collected personal data is used only for the intended purpose and that data security is ensured, in accordance with locally applicable laws.
How do we store and protect your personal data?
Your personal data is stored and used only if you make it available to us. Heléns store and process your personal data within the EU/EES, and take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to protect it against the intentional or inadvertent manipulation by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously adapted to follow technical development.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of sensitive personal data that you send us through encrypted email or internet connection, towards third parties.
For how long do we store your personal data?
We store personal data if it is necessary in order to achieve the purpose of which the data was collected, to fulfill our commitments and as long as it is required by law, such as accounting requirements.
Your data - your rights
Heléns will upon request, in accordance with applicable legislation, inform you in writing about your personal data stored by us. If we, despite our efforts, have stored incorrect data, we will change, block or delete this at your request. Regarding your personal data, stored by Heléns, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of data about yourself.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data about yourself.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to request deletion of data about yourself, in the case of it no longer being necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. However, there may be legal obligations that prevent Heléns from immediately deleting parts of your personal data, such as accounting or tax legislation. In such cases, we block the required data from being used for purposes other than fulfilling these legal obligations.
Objection towards tracking and storing your personal data
You can restrict, block or remove cookies from Heléns’ digital platforms, at any time by changing the configuration of your browser. For more information about configuring cookies, go to the browser’s “Help” menu. Please note that certain functionality on the website may be affected and that features might not work properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
Heléns Rör AB (registration number: 556086-9785) is located at Västergårdsvägen 16, 301 04 Halmstad, Sweden.